Friday, March 28, 2008

Big Blue Bagel

I miss Big Blue Bagel in Auburn! All I want is for somewhere here in Birmingham to have a bagel/sandwich shop that makes them as good as Big Blue, and the bagel chips too! Today, I tried a new recipe for homemade bagel chips, and I came pretty close! I just sliced my 3 day old multi-grain bagels into very thin slices, drizzled them with olive oil and garlic salt, and baked them at 350 for 5 or 6 minutes per side... and they were a little slice of Auburn! Of course, nothing compares to Big Blue because they use all different kinds of bagels and not so much of the garlic salt! I used to get so frustrated when I would go there one day to get a full bag of bagel chips, but the next time they would skimp you and give you like 3 chips! Brandon is going to Auburn tomorrow for the A-Day game, maybe he will bring me back a surprise! (Is it still a surprise if I ask for it?)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lindsay, found your blog through Laura Beth's blog. I do blog stalk sometimes and thought I would come clean.
BTW...I miss Big Blue too! So many things to miss about Auburn and so many great memories. Hope you and Brandon are doing well!
Amanda Bowen Owens

Milla said...

Hey Lindsey! I found your blog through LB, too! Kate is so, so cute. I hope you and Brandon are doing well... I'll put your blog on my list and stop by more often! Come visit mine and say hello too!

Also, nothing beats Big Blue. And, yes, it's still a wonderful surprise if you ask for it!!! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers