Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If You Can't Go To The Beach...


Yes, I am sleepy!


Kate got some fun beach toys for Easter, but this morning she wanted to play with them right here at home! We didn't get to go to the beach last week and we were sad, but I have to say I think I might like these toys better at home because they are not covered in sand! She doesn't care what they are anyway, she just likes to bang the pieces together and chew on the shovel.
Kate has an ear infection that just won't go away- she had her first one on New Year's Day, and it did not go away with one dose of antibiotics, so we treated it again with some stronger antibiotics, and we thought it went away... but it did not! She has not been sleeping well at night, and she has been pulling and "digging" at her ears so I took her to the after hours clinic this weekend and it is still there. So we are trying a little stronger dose of antibiotics and I have to take her back next week to check and make sure it is GONE! She slept all night Saturday night, but she wanted to wake up at 4:00 Monday morning and Brandon just got up and got ready to go to work early because there was no sense in sitting around listening to her cry. I felt bad, but I have to give her some time to cry it out or she will just expect to be rocked to sleep every time she makes a peep! Last night, she slept all night except for one little lost pacifier incident that only took a second to pop it back in. It is amazing to see the difference in my mood and energy level with a full night of sleep. I think I am a lot easier to be around (just ask Brandon), but I am also more gracious to Kate when she does fuss instead of just getting frustrated.
Hopefully we can make a trip to the beach soon and put those toys to use! I am tired of the weather going hot-cold-hot-cold! It needs to just stay warm and I can finally swap out the wardrobes from winter to summer! I love flip-flops and I am ready to wear them all the time!

1 comment:

jane said...

i want to go to the beach too... when its warm. sounnds like a killer ear infection. you have probably tried it already, but when elisha had one we sat in the bathroom w/ steam from a hot shower a couple of times a day and it really helped.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers