Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th


This is Kate on the 4th last year. She was 5 weeks old and NOT enjoying the water! But, she did get a nice nap on my mom on the hammock.

And this was Kate this year on the 4th! She played in the pool all day long and loved it! Notice that her sunscreen works very well... she stayed the same color through the whole beach trip and several more days outside at the pool. And this year, she wouldn't stay still long enough to rest in the hammock! You can't really see how festive she was, but her dress was blue and white and her hairbow was red. Thankfully she still lets me dress her up in cheesy holiday wear!

My parents watched Kate while we went to watch the fireworks with Logan and Courtney and Melanie and Matt (and Melanie's mom and Matt's parents). This was the ladies' tailgate and the boys were on the back of Logan's truck. We had a wonderful view of the fireworks and we had a great time!

I think we were laughing that we could not get a good picture of both of us together... this was the best we could do! At least this captured the mood though!
On Saturday, my parents watched Kate again so Brandon and I could go to the movies (which we hadn't done in a year) and we had a blast. There is just something about getting away, even for a few hours, and coming back refreshed. I need to start taking my parents up on their offers more often to babysit!

Blake update- I went to the doctor this morning and he is measuring perfectly and I am moving along nicely! The first girl couldn't find his heartbeat but I could feel him kicking me the whole time, so I wasn't worried. But, they sent in another nurse and she found him right away. I think he just moves so much that we couldn't catch him! I hadn't been to the doctor in around 6 weeks because we were out of town and then they were closed for the 4th when we got back... so when I stepped on the scale, I was a little thrown off by the 7 pound jump since the last visit. I told myself that my necklace and earrings and shoes were SO heavy and that next time I will not wear these! However, Dr. Ross made me feel so much better and told me that I was fine and it had really been around a pound a week, and that I was probably catching up for not gaining a lot in the beginning. Still- Weight jumps are always overwhelming and I am regretting all of the junk I ate on vacation and over the 4th weekend!!!

5 comments:

LB said...

you look great, and so tan. I am envious of all the beach time. Kate is precious. What kind of sunscreen do you put on her? I have been using aveeno baby on Ada, but it does this weird thing where it dries and rubs off in little clumps. Very strange.

Kate was even cute at 5 weeks. Sometimes babies are still not so cute when they are that little, but Kate was. Glad things are going well with Blake.

jane said...

yeah... what sunscreen?
darling beach pics!
i have a book to recommend to you... andrew wants me to post about our unconventional potty 'training' but i'm still working up the nerve... you may be interested though, so that you don't have 2 in diapers... or at not for long. 'early start potty training' is a pretty good book about it. we have been putting e on the potty since 10 months and he has been signing for potty and then going several times a day! pretty good for a 13mo... we american put it off thinking they can't, but they can....
anyway, just thought it might make things better for you... let me know what you think.

The Slagleys said...

Thanks girls! It is Banana Boat Babies SPF 50 spray. It sprays on well and I just rub it all over to make sure, and it stays on great and leaves no weird film. She has really sensitive skin and the Coppertone fragrance was too much for her. This one barely has a smell. I need to look into the early start potty training thing- I think it wouldn't hurt to start trying!

Emily said...

Linds, you look fabulous! You can totally tell that Kate was festive on the fourth! So glad Blake is doing so well! We're using Arbonne sunscreen right now, but I may look into that Banana Boat next time around- I'm very impressed by Kate's coloring!!! Love y'all!

katie said...

where in the heck have you been? we are going through slagley withdrawal... i miss you!! and i hope you brought campbell back some of those 1.99 pj's :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers