Friday, February 6, 2009

Wii Fun and More Savings



This is how Kate and her friend, Campbell, play Wii. You are supposed to eat it, right? Katie and Ben came over for dinner and to play Wii and the girls were not satisfied until they had remotes in their hands too.

Yes, I went to Publix twice in one week and it was worth it both times!
I had another $5 off $25 coupon that was going to expire this weekend, so I HAD to go put it to use! I got all of this for $14 and some change... unbelievable! I had coupons for everything but the canned mandarin oranges. I actually did have a coupon for $1 off produce, so that covered the bananas and part of the strawberries. I got the 4 boxes of popcorn for FREE and everything else for pennies! There are 2 boxes cereal, 3 boxes pasta, buffalo wing sauce, worcestershire sauce, 3 cans tomatoes/sauce, 2 cans PAM, and 2 boxes fruit roll-ups. I LOVE PUBLIX!

On a side-note, I went back to CVS as well because I realized that I got a coupon on my receipt for a promo item this week and I could get free merchandise and actually make some extra care bucks. I got chewable baby aspirin (for Nanny) and some Excedrin. When I got there, she scanned a random item that was not mine, so we had to start the transaction over and the register printed out another coupon for free glasses wipes (we both wear glasses)- so I ran and got them to add to my total. After coupons, my total was 4.98 and I had $5 ECB, so I had to buy a caramel for $0.33 to make my total above zero again. I walked away with all that and 5 ECB again... it feels like I am robbing them!

1 comment:

katie said...

LOVE the wii pics... too cute. lets do it again soon. and hey - you can use those coupons at publix even if they are expired!! i take those $5 off ones from winn dixie in all the time, and they are usually expired by at least a month! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers