Thursday, January 31, 2008

Playtime and Cheesy TV







We have been working on Kate's eating lately, and I have figured out that she is really into puffs and cheerios these days! A week ago, she was not interested at all and would make a horrible face if you tried to give her one. Now, she cannot get them fast enough! I have also been trying to figure out if she is left or right handed- who knows?! She reaches once with the left, once with the right. These pictures were so funny because she knew I was taking her picture. She would reach out to grab a cheerio and then look at me, like she was saying, "Mmmm, this one looks good" and "That was the best one yet!" I guess she was hamming it up for the camera.

Uncle Derek came over to play with her today and Kate had a ball! She would jump up and down all over him and she would grab all over his face trying to get a hold of his nose. Here are some good pictures of her playing with Derek...


Ok- now onto the random point I want to bring up. There is a show on TV that I just happened to pass by called, "Pageant Moms Unleashed." It is RIDICULOUS! I cannot stop laughing at these moms that are paying upwards of $16,000 for a pageant training session for a 6 year old! They keep showing shots of the little girls wearing "customized" bathing suits and cowgirl hats holding fistfulls of dollar bills... what is up with that? They also mentioned that half of their husbands have no idea how much money they are spending on these pageants... Brandon would DIE! Actually, I think I would die if I ever thought about a) putting Kate through that or b) spending so much money on a childhood pageant training session! That is all I have to say about that, just had to let someone know what was making me laugh so hard this afternoon.



4 comments:

jane said...

elisha LOVES cheerios! he had to go on cheerio restriction b/c of some bowel issues... but now that things are moving again i should let him have them... he really enjoyed eating bits of cut up pears the other day. i was suprised he could eat them... they are slippery.
i really can't wait for our children to meet!

Amber said...

Hey Lindsey!
I am so glad you found my blog. I have posted a link from mine to yours. Kate is precious! I can't wait to catch up her pictures. Caleb loves to pull up on everything now too. They grow up so fast! I would love to get the little ones together soon! Have a great day!

katie said...

TOTALLY didn't know you had a blog... glad i do now! :) had fun at lunch today!

Tara said...

How sweet...what a gorgeous family you have! And what a fun way to keep everyone up-t-date on baby Kate!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers