Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Good Day at CVS


I just wanted to share one of my recent deals from CVS. I won't bore you with too many details, but I am loving this coupon/Extra Care Bucks game! It is really fun once you get a good collection of coupons and you figure out how to read the ad and figure out how to do your transactions. I will try to explain it the best that I can...
Transaction #1
2 Kelloggs Special K $4.49, on sale B1G1 free
Softsoap $2.49, on sale for $0.99
Cottonelle Flushable Wipes $3.19, on sale for $1.99
Infant's Advil $6.49, on sale for $5.79
2 Ajax Dish Detergent $1.79, on sale B1G1 free
Coupons-
$0.20 off Ajax
$0.35 off Softsoap
$0.50 off Cottonelle wipes
$1.00 off Advil
$2.00 off CVS coupon (printed on receipt from previous purchase)
B1G1 free Special K coupon, which made both boxes free!
$5.00 ECB from last purchase
So, I got $24.73 worth of stuff for $2.32 out of pocket. Plus, I walked away with $5.79 in ECB (from Advil purchase) for my next purchase and another receipt coupon for $4 off $20.
Transaction #2
Playtex Sport Tampons $5.69, on sale for $4.99
Zipfizz Energy Drink 3 pack $5.99
Coupons-
$1.00 off tampons
$2.00 off CVS coupon (receipt printout)
$5.79 ECB from last purchase
So, this time I got $11.68 worth of stuff for $2.51 out of pocket. This round, I walked away with $3.00 ECB from the tampons and $5.99 ECB from the energy drink, so I have $8.99 to start with on my next trip!
Another great shopping tip is for Publix: they take competitor coupons and they will stack B1G1 free coupons with others (cents or dollars off of that item), so I went to Publix and saved a ton with my coupons there too! I love that Publix took a $5 off of $25 Piggly Wiggly coupon! Why haven't I been coupon clipping and smart shopping all along?
*New Post Below*

3 comments:

LB said...

good to know about Publix. I love shopping at Publix, but I never go there because of high prices. However, if they take competitor coupons, it might be worth it! Will they take a coupon printed off at the Kroger register?

Emily said...

How do the ECB work? I use their $ off receipt coupons but don't know about ECBs. Also, do you get their deals in the mail? How do you know what their deals are? Your getaway with the whole crew looked fabulous!!!!! Miss those girls...

The Slagleys said...

Em- You can use their ECB like cash. They print off on your receipt, and you just use them on your next purchase like you would use a coupon. Their flyer comes in Sunday papers, which we do NOT get, so I try to steal my mom's every week along with all of her coupons. Or, I have just run into a CVS while I am running errands and they have their flyer right inside the front door, along with another flyer that tells their monthly ECB deals that are not advertised in weekly circulars.
LB- I am pretty sure you can use any kind of coupon, even if it is printed off a register, although I have not tried. If your checkout person gives you a hard time with coupons, you just have to talk to a manager and they have always fixed my problems and accepted any coupons I have had! Totally worth trying out the Kroger coupons!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers