Friday, August 29, 2008

Bedding and Football

This is the bedding we just ordered for Blake. Thank you Grandma Slagley for sending us the money to buy this! She was so sweet to buy Kate's bedding when she was born too. I guess the tabs-keeping has begun to try and keep things equal between kids! I have already caught myself buying little things for one and feeling quilty, leading me to buy for the other. I have been looking at bedding patterns for a while, and I found this one for a great deal. It includes the dust ruffle, sheet, bumper, quilt, valance, and diaper stacker.

This is the pattern up close. It kind of looked like an animal print from far away, but it is just tiny bubbles. I love this pattern and cannot wait to use it! I thought I had found a great crib on Ebay, but the bidding got a little too high for our budget, so we will wait for the next "steal" to come around. We are planning on him being in a cradle in our room for a while anyway, so we still have plenty of time. The nesting has really started, and I have only had a few "freakouts" when I realize that we have NOTHING ready for him. I keep thinking we need to go get the cradle from Mom and Dad's house, but it hasn't happened yet (and they live here in town). I guess the nesting this time around will be more geared towards cleaning and making space for him, rather than getting equipment ready. We are so thankful that most of the equipment for Kate is still in great condition, neutral in color, and still in our house!
On a not so great note, we found out yesterday that the new stroller we ordered has a recalled part! There is a laceration hazard if you have your hand in the hinges when you fold it- am I the only person that thinks it is crazy to have to recall for THAT? Who puts their hands in hinges when you are folding things in the first place?! I found a website that sends you free hinge covers if requested, so I went ahead and ordered those so they will be here in a few weeks- just in case I feel like putting my hands in some hinges.
We are off to AUBURN for the weekend!!! Football season begins! Brandon is geared up for a full day of tailgating, seeing friends, watching other games, etc. But, I am not sure how much walking around in the heat Kate and I will be up for. Papa G and JoJo are going to be in town to keep Kate if she gets tired of tailgating and needs a nap, which makes me so happy! I am pretty excited about seeing everyone, but to be honest, I will probably not pay any attention to the actual game! War Eagle!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the bedding! Great choice and have a blast in Auburn! War Eagle!

Milla said...

Very cute bedding! I love the colors... I bet you are so excited for Blake to get here.

Emily said...

The bedding is so cute. I love it. Have a blast in AU. I doubt we make it to many games.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers