Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Words

Kate's vocabulary is becoming bigger and bigger everyday, and I am having a hard time keeping up with what all she is saying when- so this post is sort of for my own good to help me remember. She is almost 15 months old now, and she is shocking us everyday at how big she is getting! We laugh all the time at the things she understands and is starting to try to communicate to us. So far, here is a list of common words we hear:
MaMa
DaDa
More-she gets stuck on the "m" and says "mmmmmore"
Car-when she sees one or when she is ready to leave somewhere, she says it in a Northern/Canadian accent, "cah"
Bird
Woof Woof-any time she sees a dog or hears one bark
Aubie-her Daddy taught her this from an Auburn kids' book, she can also point him out on any page!
Kate
Hot-when we get in the car and when we watch the olympics and she sees the torch, she points and says, "hot"
No No-she knows when she is not supposed to do something and she starts shaking her head and saying "no no no no" before I get the chance to tell her no
Baby
Bailey
Pop
Pig
Ball
Please-"Pees"

Anyway, I just wanted to keep up with some things that are constantly changing in Kate. One thing that is funny about her talking is that she chooses when she wants to talk and what she wants to say. Sometimes she makes a liar out of me when I try to get her to perform for other people. She also amazes us at what all she can point to. She knows all of your facial features, several household items, and she even can follow commands now such as, "pick up your red block." I am trying to teach her about picking up her toys when she is done playing with them and I say "pick up the blocks" and she will help me put them back in her bucket. One new thing she does that is not so cute is that she will slap. You can ask her "where is Blake?" and she comes over to me and lifts my shirt up. She used to just tap my stomach and she will kiss it if you ask her to, but now she has started to slap it and she laughs when we tell her "no no." Usually she obeys when you tell her to be gentle and just to rub it, but she still thinks she is pretty funny when she tries to slap it. My sister and mom kept her the other night and Kelly told me that she kept trying to slap her too- not a good habit! This may be a really boring post for most people, but I need to keep up with these things for our own memory!

2 comments:

Milla said...

I love that one of Kate's first words is Aubie! She is well-taught. :) So fun...

Amber said...

I am impressed that she is saying so much! Can she come over and teach Caleb? That is great! I know he will catch up eventually, but I can't understand most of what he says, even though he "talks" all day long. We understand a few words, but definitely not this many! YAY Kate!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers