Thursday, October 2, 2008

Growing Up Fast


She is a girly girl! Kate has gotten to be obsessed with having her shoes on and her bow in. When I dress her, she pats her head and says, "bow" and then she points to her feet and says "Shoe-shoes." I actually have had to put her shoes where she can't reach them, because she has hidden one and I cannot find it anywhere! Even when I don't dress her (notice the footy pajamas), she will put her own shoes on! Doesn't everybody wear crocs over their pajamas? I do put little bows in all the time just because her hair hangs in her eyes, but she loves reminding me before I do it.

If you aren't careful, she grabs glasses right off of your face. Usually she just pulls on them and waves them around, but this morning she figured out how to put them on. She walked around holding them in place so she could wear them like me... not long enough to hurt her eyes though because I am blind!

Kate is learning how to give sweet kisses to Baby. They are still big, open-mouthed kisses that leave a generous amount of slobber behind, so we will keep working on that before Blake gets any "Kate-kisses." Brandon and I are constantly amazed at how much of a toddler Kate is, and not so much of a little baby! Last night I said, "Let's go brush your teeth," and she walked right to the sink and stood there pointing at her toothbrush. Then I said, "Go tell Daddy 'night night' and give him kisses," and she walked right to him blowing him kisses and saying "nigh nigh." Where does time go?!

Kate still loves to help her Daddy do pushups! As soon as she sees his hands on the floor like this, she runs over to him and jumps on his back. It is funny that she even knows to hold on tight, and she jumps around like she is riding a horse. I personally get a kick out of it every time she does this because Brandon can barely finish any because he is laughing so hard at how excited she gets. It is even better when Bailey tries to get underneath him with Kate on top of him. At least Bailey listens to commands, Kate is still learning!
Speaking of growing up fast... I went to the doctor on Tuesday and we are moving right along! The last time I went, I saw another doctor and he told me that Blake was going to be "significantly bigger than Kate." Yikes! So, this time I saw Dr. Adcock and he said that Kate was just on the smaller side of average (7 pounds, 1 ounce), and that Blake would likely be on the bigger side of average (above 8 pounds). He did say we can plan on inducing on Halloween... that is 29 days away! I will be exactly 39 weeks, so it is not too soon. I am feeling enormous and he is already sitting so low that I am wondering if I will make it that far! I know everyone says that... I guess it is just wishful thinking!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I agree with you on how fast they change from a baby to a toddler. I am loving this phase although I could do without the attitude from Mason. He's just like Kate with his shoes - he loves them and gets mad when we take them off. I can't believe you will be induced this month. That's exciting. Keep us posted.

katie said...

hey... they are 2 peas in a pod - campbell wears her crocs with her footie pjs too! :) (and is obsessed with the bow) your house looks different in the background of these pics - did y'all move stuff around? call me about this weekend! had fun today...

Allyson said...

OK seriously, where does the time go? You are going to possibly be induced by the end of the month??? Good gracious...
And I cant imagine the girls doing as much as Kate is doing in just 4 short months. That is a huge transition from where they are now! Its amazing...

LB said...

Lindsey--wow, baby Blake is coming so soon. Are you feeling nervous about the adjustment or just ready for him to be here? How exciting!!I really feel like I was just hearing from Ann that Kate had been born, as I anxiously waited for Ada to make her appearance. When is Kelly due?

The Wilbanks said...

Well mostly the right, but at one point they were both infected. Maybe that is the case and this round will really knock it out! Thanks for the support!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers