Friday, October 17, 2008

Quirks

I have been tagged to list a few quirks... which is hard to do for yourself! I can name everyone else's quirks in a heartbeat, but it is no so easy to name them for yourself.
1. I am definitely not organized in every area, but I have to have my clothes hanging in order of color. I don't know how this really helps me, but I guess it is easier to pick between 2 blue shirts if they are right next to each other. It would probably help more to organize by outfits, but that would throw off the whole closet and it would not be as visually appealing.
2. I start a book before I am done with another one, so I end up reading several at a time. It is not really out of boredom, it is usually just because I can't wait to see what the next one is about. Brandon makes fun of me all the time for this and he will check on me to see if I ever finish a single book. Just so you know, I am currently not reading anything since I just finished 2 I have been working on. Sometimes you just need a little variety!
3. I absolutely CANNOT HANDLE hearing someone eat! If I can hear you chewing or smacking, you are either way too loud, or we are way too close! There are a few people (I am choosing not to name) that I will actually avoid sitting by because I know their eating will be too much for me to take.
4. I hate mayonnaise!!! Random- I know! I worked at Roly Poly in high school (don't be jealous) and they would make us take the giant vat of mayonnaise and put it into little squirt bottles with our hands (at least we did use gloves). This is what completely ruined mayo for me. Feeling the greasy, nasty texture in your HAND makes it a little hard to eat on a sandwich. At Auburn, we would go to Breezeway Restaurant every Wednesday night after chapter and my favorite sandwich was called the Salsalito, which was a salsa-basted turkey sandwich toasted with cheddar cheese on sourdough bread, yum! BUT, if you weren't careful, they would load on the mayonnaise and soak the bread in butter (which makes for a not-nice tummy later). So I always ordered mine with no mayo and no butter on the bread. You would think they would get it after awhile, but they still would try to slip in one or the other. I would send that sandwich right back and they tried to just scrape off the mayonnaise one time, but I lied and told them I was allergic to it so they wouldn't try to do it again. My sister also had to take care of it sometimes because I would still be gagging at the sight of it. Anyway, the strangest thing about this hatred of mayonnaise is that I have actually eaten it on fresh tomato sandwiches this summer- I am blaming it on the pregnancy. I had a sandwich and didn't realize it was on there, and I was ok with it. If I am conscious of the mayo's presence, there is no chance of it coming near me!
5. I bite my nails. I am a nurse, educated on all of the possible bacteria under there, and I still have a habit of biting my nails! It is not all the time, and I have been able to grow them out here and there, but it always seems to come back. My grandmother used to tell me that I would become Venus De Milo (the Greek statue with no arms) if I didn't stop biting my nails... that still didn't do the trick.

Enough about the quirks~ onto baby news!
I went today to see Dr. Adcock, and I was 3 cm dilated, 80 % effaced, and his head is "engaged" in the pelvis, which means... COME ON LABOR! I don't know what Blake is waiting for, evidently he is comfortable! I am praying that any day now he will decide to join us in the outside world because I am past the point of comfortable. Brandon and I went to Tuscaloosa and spent the night on Sunday, and at about 10 PM, I was having pretty strong contractions (a few made me jump out of bed and walk around) every 10 minutes, but they went away. It was not a good time for labor to start anyway, but I still got excited to think, "This could be it!" We went ahead and scheduled the induction for Halloween just in case Blake decides to hang in there, but I am seriously praying that he will come any day now. I do not go to the doctor anymore now, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Brandon has the day off tomorrow, so maybe we will go for a LONG walk!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little man!! (p.s. I linked to your blog through LB, and I love reading it, becasue I live in Birmingham too! :)

Emily said...

Oh my gosh. It sounds like any day now Blake will make his entrance. Keep us posted. How did Brandon's interview go?

Amber said...

YAY...you are so so close! I can't wait to see pictures of Blake. PS- you will LOVE the hooter hider! I didn't have this with Caleb but have used it a ton with Noah. I have even used it places I never thought I would because you can be very discrete and it sometimes isn't possible to get back to the car with another little one too! I will definitely be praying for you this week.

Allyson said...

SO soon!!! I am so excited for you!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers