Monday, October 27, 2008

This Fall With Kate


This is a sassy picture of Kate after church that was cute, but I also wanted to have a picture of her wearing the dress I made her. It turned out very cute on her and it is making me realize that I need to keep making these dresses so I don't forget all of the steps... and it is much cheaper than buying them! I finished smocking another dress, I just need to put it all together now.

Kate playing peek-a-boo at the pumpkin patch hosted by a church nearby. She had fun going back and forth behind this painted stand... she had no idea what the other side looked like, she just thought she was playing peek-a-boo. This is a classic Kate face- she is very expressive with her face these days!

Kate and her daddy posing for a picture with the pumpkins.

Kate trying to escape my grip to run through the pumpkins some more. It is very hard to get a decent picture with her lately because she doesn't want to be held back from any exploring.

Yummy! She wanted to eat the pumpkins. She has become obsessed lately and she tried to steal our neighbors' pumpkins the other day right off of their porch. She pitched a fit when I made her put them back and walk away. The next morning, she had her very own tiny pumpkin on our front steps- I guess they felt sorry for her that she didn't have one. We have had a few other things going on, a pumpkin was the last thing on my mind!
About Blake- we thought last night was going to be the night. I was having contractions every 4 minutes, but they just weren't getting stronger and they were just uncomfortable (not unbearable) so we waited it out and they died down. It is just a matter of days now until we meet him, so it can happen any time and I will be glad. The on call doctor I saw last Friday laughed and said he didn't think Blake could hang in there past Sunday... who is laughing now? At the very latest, it is only 3 days and a few hours until we meet him! I am enjoying my last few days with my only child. She has been waking up in the middle of the night (she must know that we were counting on some good rest before the sleepless nights began), but the other night I got a little sentimental when I realized that it could be one of the last nights to be up snuggling with just her! I can tell this is going to be an emotional experience for me, so please keep us in your prayers as we welcome sweet Blake into our family this week!

3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. I got teary when I read your comment about realizing it might be one of the last nights of snuggling with just Kate. I remember thinking that right before T3 was born. You're going to do great! You will have more nights like that, of snuggling with just Kate, and you'll have sweet nights of snuggling with both of them and you'll eat up every moment! :) You're going to do GREAT! Congrats! I look forward to seeing pics of precious baby Blake!

Emily said...

I love the pics. Kate is getting so big. They grow so fast. Keep us posted about Blake. We're so excited for you guys.

Emily said...

I was hoping to share my bday with Blake, then I was hoping to check your blog today and hear he had come!!! We are praying for all of y'all these next days!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers